Numerex works with T-Mobile US to facilitate 2G to LTE migration
On-demand M2M provider Numerex is working with T-Mobile US to facilitate 2G to LTE migration via a technology upgrade program known as “LTE for the IoT”.
The offering integrates T-Mobile's country-wide 4G LTE network with the module, device, and platform know-how of Numerex. As the 2G turndown is imminent, the program provides a viable option in terms of cost to customers looking to upgrade their IoT deployments easily.
The upgrade program runs on the Numerex nxFAST IoT platform and supports customers in all the stages of the process, providing an end-to-end solution. The bundled offering includes a migration transition plan, a Numerex iNSITE device management platform and T-Mobile 4G LTE network access with 3G backup, alongside an optional finance program, wireless communication modules designed for IoT applications, integration with Numerex's CloudConnect services, long-term device lifecycle support and a volume incentive plan.
Numerex CEO Marc Zionts commented: “There are still thousands of IoT deployments across the country that rely on 2G network service. While most people understand that 2G will soon 'go dark,' there are many who have not yet planned their path forward.
“This program, featuring Numerex and T-Mobile, is designed to make that transition simple, efficient, and painless,” he added.
- » Goldman Sachs-backed CityFibre details £2.5bn full fibre investment
- » Chinese officials lobby Australia to reverse Huawei 5G ban
- » DISH selects Ericsson to deliver radio access and core network for NB-IoT
- » How 5G network infrastructure revenue is set to reach $26 billion
- » Three invests £2bn in 5G claiming users can ditch fixed broadband