How does net neutrality affect VoIP?
If you’ve been following the net neutrality debate you know that the FCC is currently reviewing over 3 million comments from the public to find out how they feel about the current Open Internet standard that we’re used to.
So far, public opinion is less than 1% against net neutrality. Most people, it seems, believe that all internet traffic was created equal.
Can the voice of the people be enough to sway the FCC or will service providers be allowed to monetize priority internet traffic?
We’ll have to wait. In the meantime, if you’ve wondered how this will affect your Voice over IP, here’s a helpful infographic from Visually:
- » Huawei gets a reprieve in the UK as government permits 5G gear
- » Huawei lawsuit against ‘unconstitutional’ ban in the US is thrown out
- » Bipartisan US delegation express Huawei concerns during Munich Security Conference
- » Democrat FCC commissioner wants to impeach the president’s power to shut down US comms
- » Huawei founder says the company is ready 'to withstand' further US actions