How does net neutrality affect VoIP?
If you’ve been following the net neutrality debate you know that the FCC is currently reviewing over 3 million comments from the public to find out how they feel about the current Open Internet standard that we’re used to.
So far, public opinion is less than 1% against net neutrality. Most people, it seems, believe that all internet traffic was created equal.
Can the voice of the people be enough to sway the FCC or will service providers be allowed to monetize priority internet traffic?
We’ll have to wait. In the meantime, if you’ve wondered how this will affect your Voice over IP, here’s a helpful infographic from Visually:
- » T-Mobile is granted extra spectrum to cope with coronavirus demand
- » US senators urge the UK to reconsider its Huawei position
- » Dimitra Simeonidou, Smart Internet Lab: Creating societal change with 5G
- » Global smart city tech spending to reach $124 billion: Analysing the market outlook
- » UK Budget 2020: £5bn for gigabit broadband among ‘huge’ investments