Operators must embrace change to stay relevant, say Telco CEOs #MWC2013
There’s an all pervasive sense of a pressing need for change running through operator strategy discussions at MWC in Barcelona this week.
Since we travelled to the city for last year´s show, the Telco community has tried its hand at delivering the OTT that’s been otherwise ravaging its revenues. It has tried to implement the Wholesale Applications Community. On the whole, the results have been mediocre at best.
Viber CEO and OTT poster boy Talmon Marco, on stage this morning, gave a frank assessment of operators’ efforts. “These services are simply not taking off,” he said shrugging, almost apologetically.
Yesterday, the very engaging Hakam Kanafani, CEO of Turk Telecom, postulated the Marilyn Monroe syndrome, with which he believes operators are currently afflicted. Like the ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Telecom Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Why telcos need to prioritise industry ambitions in 5G rollout
- » T-Mobile opens performance testing facility for 5G, NB-IoT, and more
- » Deutsche Telekom launches 5G in five German cities during IFA media day
- » Nokia, NTT DOCOMO, and OMRON unite over 5G testing for Industry 4.0 use cases
- » Ericsson and Qualcomm successfully complete commercial standalone 5G connection