How IT vendors are creating new revenue streams for operators
By Shagun Bali, Analyst, Telecom IT, Ovum
Telcos are operating in an increasingly saturated and competitive environment, where their services are regarded as commodities and their margins are lower than ever and shrinking. Telcos are being pressured to reduce operating costs, differentiate their services, enhance customer experience and generate new revenue streams – all at the same time.
The opportunity lies in harnessing their strategic asset – customer information – to generate new sources of revenues. As a result, IT vendors catering to the unique needs of the telecoms industry are focused on developing new technologies to help telcos monetize their customer data.
A new Ovum report highlights opportunities ahead on the supply side, the pending market changes, which trends will have the biggest impact, and how technology vendors can exploit the rapid changes under way across the telecoms ...
To read the rest of the article you'll need to register for a free Telecom Tech News account.
If you're already a member please log in below or if you've forgotten your password, please click here to reset it.
- » Opinion: The 5G future of operations will be automated
- » Huawei unveils industry’s first claimed fully containerised 5G core network
- » uSwitch: 5G launch won’t solve the UK’s rural connectivity problems
- » AT&T collaborates with Bell Canada, Rogers Communications, and Telus over LTE-M network
- » Huawei says contiguous blocks of cheap 5G spectrum are needed in India