DQE Communications acquires Met-Net
DQE Communications said on Thursday it will expand its fiber-optic network for businesses, starting with a July 1 acquisition of Met-Net Communications of Findlay.
Met-Net’s network always has been powered by DQE, a subsidiary of Downtown-based Duquesne Light Holdings, so customers should notice few changes, DQE said.
The value of the deal wasn’t disclosed. DQE said the Met-Net addition along with capital investments will boost the capabilities of its commercial-grade network in Allegheny and six surrounding counties.
- » T-Mobile and Sprint merger nears completion after federal judge approval
- » Four large telcos explore using blockchain to simplify inter-operator roaming
- » The UK is set to permit Huawei equipment in 5G networks in ‘limited role’
- » Huawei lawsuit against ‘unconstitutional’ ban in the US is thrown out
- » Despite the UK’s decision, Australia is sticking by its Huawei 5G ban