DQE Communications acquires Met-Net
DQE Communications said on Thursday it will expand its fiber-optic network for businesses, starting with a July 1 acquisition of Met-Net Communications of Findlay.
Met-Net’s network always has been powered by DQE, a subsidiary of Downtown-based Duquesne Light Holdings, so customers should notice few changes, DQE said.
The value of the deal wasn’t disclosed. DQE said the Met-Net addition along with capital investments will boost the capabilities of its commercial-grade network in Allegheny and six surrounding counties.
- » SpaceX successfully launches 60 improved Starlink satellites
- » US officials continue to criticise allies 'opening their arms' to Chinese 5G
- » Security researchers discover nearly a dozen 5G vulnerabilities
- » Huawei India CEO: India should make its own decisions about 5G firms
- » How AI deep learning is transforming industrial manufacturing