DQE Communications acquires Met-Net
DQE Communications said on Thursday it will expand its fiber-optic network for businesses, starting with a July 1 acquisition of Met-Net Communications of Findlay.
Met-Net’s network always has been powered by DQE, a subsidiary of Downtown-based Duquesne Light Holdings, so customers should notice few changes, DQE said.
The value of the deal wasn’t disclosed. DQE said the Met-Net addition along with capital investments will boost the capabilities of its commercial-grade network in Allegheny and six surrounding counties.
- » Poland and the USA declare need for stringent checks of foreign telecoms gear
- » Satellites will deliver fiber-like connectivity across the Arctic in 2020
- » Global 5G revenues likely to reach £3.4bn in 2020, says Gartner
- » T-Mobile opens performance testing facility for 5G, NB-IoT, and more
- » Deutsche Telekom launches 5G in five German cities during IFA media day